Importance of Cooling System for Medium Frequency Furnace
During the working process of the medium frequency furnace, the components carrying large current, such as electric furnace coils, yokes, water-cooled cables and power cabinets, all need water cooling. The cooling water system is the key system in the medium frequency furnace device and an important component to ensure the normal operation and safe operation of the equipment. The equipment cooling requirements are as follows
1, According to the equipment "instructions" provisions of the water supply pressure, flow water supply.
2. Use industrial demineralized water as far as possible-PH value: 7.2 ~ 8.0
3. It is better to supply water from special cooling towers for power supply cooling and furnace body cooling respectively. In particular, the power supply shall be cooled by water-water exchanger or closed cooling tower.
4. As the acidity of water and the content of calcium and magnesium impurities gradually increase, corrosion or scale will occur, affecting the heat dissipation effect and service life of the heat exchanger. The cooling equipment should be cleaned in time.
5. Sensors and water-cooled cables are equipped with pressure gauges, temperature meters, water pressure regulating switches and other components to monitor the cooling water system at the entrance and exit of the water-cooled water device. When they are lower than the set value, they can send out sound and light alarms.
6. Manual butterfly valves are provided on the main cooling water inlet pipe of the furnace body. In order to save energy and cooling water consumption, the total cooling water inlet is adjusted in winter and summer as well as in the two stages of molten iron melting and heat preservation of the furnace, thus reducing the heat taken away by the cooling water from the furnace body and reducing the power consumption.