Importance of Cooling System for Medium Frequency Furnace
During the working process of the medium frequency furnace, the components carrying large currents, such as electric furnace coils, yokes, water-cooled cables and power cabinets, all need water cooling. The cooling water system is the key system in the medium frequency furnace device and an important component to ensure the normal operation and safe operation of the equipment.
First, the equipment cooling requirements are as follows:
1, According to the equipment “instructions” provisions of the water supply pressure, flow water supply.
2. Use industrial demineralized water as far as possible-PH value: 7.2 ~ 8.0
3. It is better to supply water from special cooling towers for power supply cooling and furnace body cooling respectively. In particular, the power supply shall be cooled by a water-water exchanger or closed cooling tower.
4. As the acidity of water and the content of calcium and magnesium impurities gradually increase, corrosion or scale will occur, affecting the heat dissipation effect and service life of the heat exchanger. The cooling equipment should be cleaned in time.
5. Sensors and water-cooled cables are equipped with pressure gauges, temperature meters, water pressure regulating switches, and other components to monitor the cooling water system at the entrance and exit of the water-cooled water device. When they are lower than the set value, they can send out sound and light alarms.
6. Manual butterfly valves are provided on the main cooling water inlet pipe of the furnace body. In order to save energy and cooling water consumption, the total cooling water inlet is adjusted in winter and summer as well as in the two stages of molten iron melting and heat preservation of the furnace, thus reducing the heat taken away by the cooling water from the furnace body and reducing the power consumption.
Second, the water circulation users of the medium frequency electric furnace power supply and furnace body should consider installing emergency water sources. The methods are as follows:
1. Install the standby generator set, install the standby generator set with a certain capacity, and the water pump control switch of the equipment can freely switch the power supply of the power grid and the generator set (pay attention to not connecting the power grid and the generator set at the same time, otherwise it is easy to burn the generator set), and start the generator set to drive the circulating water pump of the furnace body to continue working in case of power failure. The intermediate frequency power supply should be equipped with two pumps, one as the main pump and the other as the standby pump, which can be controlled by valves and switched to the other pump if the motor of one pump burns out.
2. Install a water storage tank at the height of the house, And the water storage tank is connected to the water inlet end of the furnace body through a valve, Moreover, the inlet water of the furnace body can be automatically connected with the water in the pool and the water in the water tank through the valve, and the water circulation of the furnace body can be switched to the water tank circulating water system through the valve in case of sudden power failure. The water flow need not be too large through the valve control, and the water temperature of the outlet water of the furnace body can be subject to non-boiling. This can effectively prevent the carbonization of the insulation rod of the furnace body caused by power failure and water shortage.