The Application of Split Rolling in Steel Rolling Line
Split rolling is a new technology widely researched and applied at home and abroad in the past twenty years. During the split rolling process, the steel billet is rolled into two or more parallel parts with the same cross-sectional shape through pass design, and then the billet is longitudinally cut into two or more flows by the cutting equipment. Finally, roll the pieces with the same cross-sectional shape until get the finished products.
According to the different structural characteristics of the cutting equipment, there are several different cutting methods as follows.
1. Roll cutting method: use the roll to cut the pass and the rolled piece is cut while being deformed in the previous pass;
2. Slitting wheel method: First, the rolled piece is rolled into two or more parallel pieces with the same shape through the pass, and then the rolled piece is cut by the slitting wheel installed on the exit side of the rolling mill;
3. Disc shearing method: first roll the rolled piece into a shape to be cut, and then cut the rolled piece longitudinally with the disc shears installed on the rolling line.
Compared with the traditional single-rolling process, split rolling has many advantages, mainly:
1. Reduce the number of racks and save workshop investment
Under the condition of the same billet and product specifications, the number of rolling passes using the split rolling technology is less than that of ordinary single rolling passes (for example, if a 130mm square billet is used to produce a steel bar with a diameter of 12mm, the rolling passes can be The reduction from 16 lanes for single rolling to 14 lanes for split rolling) creates conditions for reducing the number of racks and shortening the length of the workshop, saving workshop investment.
2. It can shorten the rolling rhythm and greatly increase the output of the rolling mill
For example, when producing steel bars (rolling speed is 14m/s), the output of single-strip rolling is 22t/h, but after rolling with double-strip cutting equipment, the output of the rolling mill increases to more than 40t/h. Another example is that the continuous rolling mill uses a 130mm square billet to produce 16mm round steel. The original process finish rolling speed is 12m/s, and the output is 60t/h. After adopting split rolling, the finish rolling speed is only 7.3m/s, and the output of round steel can reach more than 60t/h with the same specification.
3. Small rolling mills can be used to open large billets
It provides sufficient room for the billet selection of the rolling mill and is conducive to solving the problem of connection and matching between the rolling mill and the continuous casting billet. For example, the original 68mm square billet was rolled into a wire rod with a diameter of 6.5mm in 21 passes on the rolling mill. After using the split rolling technology, a 90mm square billet was used to roll out a wire rod with the same specification that meets the requirements.
4. Can reduce production costs more
According to statistics, the split rolling technology can reduce rolling power consumption by 15-30% in section steel mills, wire rod mills, and billet mills; it can reduce billet heating fuel consumption by 1.8%-2%; it can also reduce roll consumption Quantity; the cost of rolled material can be reduced by 10-20%.
At present, split rolling has been widely used in foreign steel rolling lines. Luoyang Judian is a professional manufacturer of rolling mills and can provide customers with steel rolling line systematic solutions. If you have questions about rolling mills and the steel rolling line, please feel free to consult us. We will provide you with the best quality service.